Dylan is this sweet 6th grader, who walked out of my classroom yesterday. He's not the 1st one who did that considering how many emotional disorder kids I have. But, he certainly was the only one walking out of that door without any hope in him. He's not being "bad"considering the effort he put in to do the assignment I gave him. His attitude told me that he has given up his life. So, I went on this mission of rescuing Dylan and talked to everyone I thought might understand enough to reach out to him including my principle. What I found out about him was a very sad story. Hard to imagine for anyone I know.
This kid has a rough home as you might have already guessed. It has weighted very heavy on my heart ever since yesterday's incident. It brought me to tears just to think about Dylan. Am praying that he does move on to the middle school and Jesus would touch his heart. Although the very people who should love him the most despise him and it seems that everyone fails him including his teachers, God never will.
1 comment:
so what's his story?
hlc
Post a Comment