It's funny that my cousin asked whether I still go to church or not.
He thought I'd eventually get tired of it. Well.. I guess I would if
I'm just being religious. But, the thing is I'm not religious. The
idea of 'going to church' has not reveal itself to the world. I mean,
even my folks go to church.
On the other hand, the teacher I work with claim to be a Christian but
does not go to church. He said, it's all about the personal
relationship with God. Well, you probably could guess that he doesn't
read the Bible regularly either.
So, where is the balance between this church thing & the personal relationship?
Let me put it this way, if you have a good relationship with someone,
you want to hang around that person. The closer you are, the more time
you wanna spend with each other.
3 comments:
I've seen people thinking that "personal relationship with God" means crying out to Him whenever there's trouble or despair. well, our God is a merciful God, and He is always faithful to forgive and be our strength, but there's whole lot more on our part than just crying out "oh God help me." I mean, that's a sentence, not a relationship.
Jesus said if you love Me you'll obey Me. and obedience is something I'm still learning(after being a Christian for 2 years :p)... and the more I obey, the greater blessing there is.
ps. who's Will Pavone who's been preaching in frontline? never heard of him before...
u've HEARD of him, my sister. He's the worship leader who plays guitar, too! You just didn't know he also preachs. ho ho ho
Post a Comment