7.7.06

fuge

not refuge although somehow related... see, fuge is a camp for
youth... a safe place... more, Mfuge is that which make kids do work and serve/help others.
so, someday, some of them would go overseas (or not) and reach out to
refugees... you see...

taking a group of youth out not only for a road trip but a whole week
camp is definitely new and therefore can be challenging to me. Not to
mention, I was there late and missed all the FYIs and suppose to
somehow know what the heck I'm doing. Great.
Amazingly, it'll work out - kids were having fun and no serious
problems at all. Basically, I was more of an alarm clock than anything
else. But, being with them, watching them from complaining about the
service project to enjoy working, from afraid of the camp to having a
ball, from outside of God's love to be inside of it. Truly, it's a
time I wouldn't have traded off for whatever jobs I would've had.
I had thought I missed some good potential job offers in order to
keep my word for doing this summer intern. But, despite of my
grumblings, God blessed me with awesome time at camp + great 4th +
wonderful firework in the rain, and a lot more.. I came back Friday
afternoon, behind my schedule, walked in to the door at 1:25 and made
a scheduled phone interview at 1:30. Then, changed up, called for
direction, and drive on to another interviews and made it there at 3.
I was already very tried having to be the 1st one up and last one to
bed at camp. Had I was functioning on my own with this crazy schedule,
I'd mess up but, He had different idea. Operating on God's terms makes
things beautiful. I was overwhelmed by God's love and care - rest
assured no matter what the future holds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great stuff