26.9.06

my weekend is great because...

If you listen to the same radio station every morning going to work
as I do, you've heard this statement every week; my weekend is great
because...
I love listening to what people have to say and appreciate the simple
things in life.

So, my weekend is great because I got to rest on Sat. and got to
see friends I met over the summer at this SYATP Rally thing.

My new job has gotten me so busy that's just way over board with
school and church on top of that. I crashed as soon as I got home on
Friday. I'm aware of the adjustment needed and balance in life but,
it's hard to stop doing things I just simply enjoy. Not until I got so
tired to the point of getting sick did I realize I need to stop for a
second. Finally, I got to just chill and rested on Sat.; got into the
word of God and took naps here and there.
On Sun. I went to this youth rally thing at a church nearby where I
got to see all my friends from summer camps including this youth
preacher. That was a prayer soon answered. When I was at camp, I
didn't really get to talk to this kid, who's so focused and fired up
for God- that's just unusually COOL. So, I prayed that God would give
me a second chance to get to know this kid and maybe come alongside of
him to support & encourage. It's just so exciting to see some
youngster totally sold out for Christ. Who knows I'd get to talk to
him again in a short month!

Today's a slow day at work which gave me some rest. I started to
finish my To-Dos and really trying to re-org my schedule. Having every
night packed up is not the idea for me even though it means to give up
things I really like doing including working overtime for fun.
There... call me crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is what I call a great weekend :)