24.10.06

I need to learn to detach myself from work so that I'm not thinking
about 'to-dos' when i'm finally home. No matter how many things are
waiting for me to do, my tendency is to finish it now but, in reality,
I only have 24 hrs a day like everyone else does. Although, not
everything needed to be done right away and most of them can wait, my
habit to finish today's work, to 'clean everything up' by the end of
day is just not realistic anymore for this position.. the weird thing
is I'm rushing myself when no one else is rushing me.

This job has been challenging to me in the sense that I've always got
things in front of me and waiting in the future. And I've always
wanted to try some thing or some solution right away. Unlike my old
job where I worked in shift and i only put in 8hrs then someone else
would be more than ready to kick me out & to take over where I left
off.

I'm still trying to get use to 'putting things off'... Then, I may
have a regular life and not being a workaholic.

As I'm wondering why am I not able to stop, I realized my own
competitiveness and as much as I don't like to be, I can't help but
trying to achieve. As of what might be the root-cause of it, hmmm....
I'd sort it out with Him should this be the lesson I'm working on.

No comments: