our faith. Fortunately & unfortunately he's as evangelical as I'm but
on the Catholic side. I've got to learn a lot about catholic that I
didn't know before.
I was intrigue by the fact that he doesn't think he's worthy enough
to talk to Jesus so, he talks to Mary instead. When I mentioned Jesus
is the only mediator to God, he sees no conflict since he has to go
through Mary in order to get to Jesus. He thinks that Jesus is happier
to get things from his mother, Mary, so he gives to Mary and pray to
Mary. My counter point was that when he gives birthday gift to his
dad, his dad would be happier to get it directly from him then his
grandma.... I think that got him thinking a bit....
David also believes that Mary was taken to heaven and she was
sinless. But, I told him no where in the Bible said that. He actually
searched the Bible when he got home but couldn't find it either....
though that didn't change what he believes in.
Finally, he asked me what I would like to see changed? I wasn't
quite sure.. so, i pour the chosen people /election thing.. quite
honestly.. I'm not sure.. from what I know about him, he believes
mostly everything I believes in + Mary.. there are something extra
but, I'm not quite sure that's any different then all other extra
things we each have in our faith.... compares to many Christians, he
at least firmly believes that the bible is the word of God.
Not only did I thank God for him, he has been in my prayers.. maybe
when he goes back home, he'll get to know Jesus intimately... that
would conclude an already pretty summer for me.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Janice.C.C/Pool?authkey=ceSi07OX5aY
No comments:
Post a Comment