The conversation started when I was talking to a close friend about my struggles with family matters. At one point, she said to me: maybe you're more like your dad. The light bulb came on. I responded: gosh, I AM my daddy's little girl after all!
All these years, I couldn't quite completely get over the fact of not giving a chance to be daddy's little girl having lost my dad at age 1. What I didn't see was I carried a huge part of him, his made-ups, and his DNA.
Rick Warren mentioned when introducing his best selling book, purpose driven life, and I'm paraphrasing here: You're Not an Accident. God created you for a purpose. It doesn't matter who your parents are, whether they're good or bad or whether they planed to have you or not. God Chose your parents, to take their particular DNAs, To Create You, an unique individual for His purposes.
Even though we don't choose what family we came from, God chose our family in order to make an unique you & me.
I felt that this revelation may bring healing to many. Friends, you're fearfully & wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
All these years, I couldn't quite completely get over the fact of not giving a chance to be daddy's little girl having lost my dad at age 1. What I didn't see was I carried a huge part of him, his made-ups, and his DNA.
Rick Warren mentioned when introducing his best selling book, purpose driven life, and I'm paraphrasing here: You're Not an Accident. God created you for a purpose. It doesn't matter who your parents are, whether they're good or bad or whether they planed to have you or not. God Chose your parents, to take their particular DNAs, To Create You, an unique individual for His purposes.
Even though we don't choose what family we came from, God chose our family in order to make an unique you & me.
I felt that this revelation may bring healing to many. Friends, you're fearfully & wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
1 comment:
that's a beautiful, encouraging thought!
Post a Comment