29.6.09

24

Thinking about how a day of events is aired into a whole season of TV show, Jack Bauer didn't seem to need to sleep nor did any major characters on the show. Sometimes, I wish I can so affectively use my 24 hours in a day. Alas, I'd not able to function w/o my 8 hrs of sleep.

Since summer arrived, my schedule gets busier and often time, I have to choose between several events that interest me in the 16 hr 'live' window. The ones I have to give up aren't necessary less important or less interesting. There are times when I have to give up what I really want to do in order to pick up a more meaningful activity.

Needless to say, I have to learn to live my life in a more self-less way. I'm learning this summer to live a life that might leave a legacy v.s. a life of self-indulging. Often times, I find that joy comes with self-giving verses the short-lived adrenaline rush activities and at the end of the day, I'm happy.

No comments: