I felt the need to mmm... correct the impression of this post. As much as Hollywood claims to know what true love is, the story itself even seems to be telling so. But what 'seems like' true love is Not true love, at least not my understanding of the Christian world view would agree with.
Love always protects & Love never fails. (1 Cor 13) If the scripture is the truth (and I believe so), it means that true love will always protect including body, mind, and soul. That means John would guard Savannah's heart, respect her body to say the least. But, that's not how the story goes in the movie. Their hearts were busted wide open before marriage.
more, Jesus is supposedly the author of romance, our bride groom, the one we're in love with. Yet, when was the last time anyone of us misses Jesus so much that it hurts?? I'm not saying it's not something we experience. It is, I felt it. But it's not true love, not until I love Jesus above all else. If I don't miss Jesus that much until He returns, I have no business missing anyone that much. It's but our own sinfulness.
Love never fails. We take a step back to wait on God when everything inside of us want to step forward. True love says, until the Lord wills, I'll be steadfast and offer what's rightfully ours back to God, to the one who has given all to love us because I will never love you more than Jesus does.
1 comment:
I felt the need to mmm... correct the impression of this post. As much as Hollywood claims to know what true love is, the story itself even seems to be telling so. But what 'seems like' true love is Not true love, at least not my understanding of the Christian world view would agree with.
Love always protects & Love never fails. (1 Cor 13) If the scripture is the truth (and I believe so), it means that true love will always protect including body, mind, and soul. That means John would guard Savannah's heart, respect her body to say the least. But, that's not how the story goes in the movie. Their hearts were busted wide open before marriage.
more, Jesus is supposedly the author of romance, our bride groom, the one we're in love with. Yet, when was the last time anyone of us misses Jesus so much that it hurts??
I'm not saying it's not something we experience. It is, I felt it. But it's not true love, not until I love Jesus above all else. If I don't miss Jesus that much until He returns, I have no business missing anyone that much. It's but our own sinfulness.
Love never fails. We take a step back to wait on God when everything inside of us want to step forward. True love says, until the Lord wills, I'll be steadfast and offer what's rightfully ours back to God, to the one who has given all to love us because I will never love you more than Jesus does.
Post a Comment