it's good that I can at least email blog coz microcrap really is crapy. (OS. I'm a Christian. I shouldn't complain.)
I asked my prof. of soteriology (study of salvation) tonight if he thinks that the Pope is going to Heaven. We happened to talk about salvation through Christ 'alone'.
He said only God knows the heart but if he had to evaluate. His answer was No because the Pope has based his salvation heavily on merits and Mary not on Christ alone. He also said if the Pope trusted Christ 'completely' (one & only) for his salvation, he'd be saved 'in spite of' his Catholicism.
James 2:19 - "You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble!" (NKJV)
6 comments:
Sola gracia...!
well, i think only the Big boss upstairs know wether the Pope trust Him alone... wheter he is going or not, somehow, i still feel like lossing a family member though...hope he is going to heaven though.. a major- i thought u r working or r u studying in seminary?
I agree with the previous post. Your professor has no way of knowing the Pope's true thoughts and therefore cannot determine whether God deemed him worthy to enter the gates of heaven. That decision is solely God's and not self righteous college professor.
marky! both loh.. I work part-time.
to anonymous (or I should just call you John).. if you wanna criticise, leave your name and own it. My prof. didn't judge anyone but only present the fact that Chatholicism doesn't save, which does not mean that a chatholic cannot posses saving faith.
Why call the anonymous "John" ah??
and also, when I study Revelation, about the hore and 7 hills, my teacher said Rome is the only city that has 7 hills... @@" well but he just brought up many possibilities and asked us to pray and study and ask HS to guide us... so...
But, I personally think it's extremely clear NOT to worship idols. there are many of those in catholic churches though...
well...i c..which seminary do u go now?
marky, it's cbs.edu. and even if u had only asked that q once, I would've still answered you! ;-p
Post a Comment