4.6.05

Before I forget what God was teaching me

Although, I usually have Bible study on Sat. night, after some thought, I felt like I needed to be at this dinner thing tonight. Basically, it was my old KZ team getting together with this year's KZ team that's leaving on Fri. And Lane, who's been involved in this region for many years came to be 'the professor of the night'. Great cultural experiences that we presented to the new team; mainly; our old leaders set up the whole program. To share one for your pleasure, we ate KZ food with our fingers. I felt like I'm learning to prepare myself at the same time during the sharing.
Almost to the end, Lane mentioned that being there is half the battle won- to bring light into darkness. The presence of the Spirit through believers makes a difference itself. He shared when he was there long time ago, people always stared at him although outwardly, he didn't look very much different. So, he asked a local what people were looking at. The answer was his eyes that shined hope! It's like when you meet someone who is seemly like everyone else yet, there is just something different about him that you can't quite grasp.
Since I've been in this field long enough to know that there are always spiritual battles going on but, I wasn't quite sure (& a bit frustrated) why the fight already get tougher even before I get there. Tonight, I was reminded of the simple fact that the enemy hates light and will prevent it to be brought into his dark realm. No wonder I've gotten troubles already even just getting tkt alone. The fact that the Spirit lives in us has made us the very targets he attacks.

I felt very well placed tonight. There are some people God placed in our lives to guide us. You don't ever see them but, they show up in time of need. Lane would be one of those people in my life.

Go, KZ 05, can't wait to hear your stories!

No comments: