we did an out-reach on Sat. morning and was planing to go hiking in the afternoon with some locals but, since it was raining, I went shopping instead including pry walk.
Interestingly, there is a china mobile at just about every corner in this small town and since cell phones are so popular, no one wares a watch anymore. I couldn't even find a clock in any store to tell me the time. My reward for an afternoon trolling the town was this super nice head phone with built-in mic for US $3.00!
Sunday morning, we all gathered at this American dr's place and did our Sun morning thing with some patriotic songs. Surprisingly, we had real 7/4th food. We got hot dogs, corns, and even a cake/cookie with American flag design (all, of course, home made).
Then, we went on a hike later on in the afternoon about 15 mins outside of the city. It was called 'a thousand or 1100 stairs' hike. The pic was the view we saw on the way up.
As you could probably tell, that was a great weekend. I'm really blessed to be able to retreat back in American homes after a week of cross-cultural work.
I guess for this comming week, effectiveness is what we'd really like to see happening.

3 comments:
So do you mean strolling? and no trolling? Also, that picture, can you send me a bigger one, looks nice. did you take those yourself?
No, I ment trolling...
if you click on the pic, it should dir. you to the original file that you can download since I do not know to whom to send it.
Saw some of the pics. Very nice.
Post a Comment