it's been a busy week for me. well, I did pray for effectiveness, didn't I.
Many of you would like to know more details but, I won't be able to share much until after I get back. So, a big picture, usually we gather in the morning then, do our trolling in the afternoon/evening. If time allows, we might take a nap like the locals do. Actually, a nap usually helps since the heat sucks ur energy out rather quickly. Some regular activities and write our field notes at night. Sat & Sun morning are standard stuff. On fridays, we go through our weekly notes (27 total for this week) in our strategy meeting. This week is the 1st time we went through all the notes so, the meeting was kinda long and ended around 3 pm. (funny thing is we feel at home when we actually use a work-lunch).
On top of that, I did a translation into English this week and help pick out/edit song sheets. So, I've been missing my nap time & my bubble tea since I ate leftovers for lunch.
On Thurs, my tommy was acting up so, I took some p.b. which helps but, then we got a social thing with local doctors at a KTV and I ended up with headache. So, I took a pain reliever since I had to read notes afterwards. I say, hat was a drugy day.
One crazy American event was some of us ate worms! Yes, believe your eyes, you read it right. Our host ordered that dish for us to try and it seriously groused me out. According to those brave souls, it wasn't too bad and it tasted like crunchy fries. so... use you imagination...
One of our leaders joked about it today on the two famous local dishes, worms & pig eye balls. pick your poison.
By the way, two of us went to baby sit 2 kids on Fri night, 7 & 3, so that this American couple could finally have a date night w/o worrying about rushing back for their kids and stuff. It was the 1st time I bathed kids, tug them to bed and etc.
We're planning to go hiking this Sat afternoon with some locals since that event was canceled last week due to the rain.
It's getting hotter and hotter here so, I guess I'd ask for pleasant weather to last longer and to focus on the subjects that we narrowed down.
1 comment:
sup so why can you not tell ppl where you are?
hlc
Post a Comment