since last week, I was able to ride a bike if needed. I got a guest bike fixed. It's known as Jay's bike and some locals do recognize it although Jay's no longer here and I've never met him.
So, H & I went to visit this couple HP. They rent a place no bigger than my room (about a master bedroom size). Half of it is their beds and the other half is their living room, kitchen, garage, and storage. It's so hard to image that a family of 3 lives there and they are expecting another baby. The wife was very interested in J's story while the husband show indifference. But, H was really good and got him to ponder on certain issues. I was kinda, sort of, like an apprentice and was listening to the conversation most of the time. Every now & then, I felt like a Mormon when being rejected. Maybe that's what 2 people on bikes does to you. ;-p How we all are imprinted with stereotypes.


Those are pics from the Sat hike with some locals. half way to the top, we went through this cavern very much like the Luray Caverns only it was less developed and more adventurous. On our way down, we were able to share with our guide and she was all excited about it and kept saying she'll tell everyone she knows...
funny joke, that place is only 20 mins away by 3 wheelers and there is this house with a huge sign saying "pourist center". So, we called ourselves "pourists" that day. ;-p If you think you've seen some funny English abroad, you really haven't seen it yet. Here, it's on everything from gov to local supermarkets and surely keeps us entertained.
I'll try to post a pic of a 3 wheeler, which is our transportation if we get tired of walking. There is nothing like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment