ok, the pic is not really related to the movie, chariots of fire but, I just thought I'd share a pic or 2 for your pleasure. ;-)
The movie was based on a real story about these 2 fine runners, Harold & Eric. One runs for the glory of man and the other runs for the glory of God. They were both on the British Olympic team and were rivals. They were gonna compete against each other in 100 meters but because the race was scheduled on Sun, Eric insisted on keepping the Sabbath and not running the race. He then ran the 400 m instead and still got his trophy in the 1924 Olympics.
"I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure."
Eric later on went to China and died there.

1 comment:
yes i saw the movie...He was in the movement started by the Cambridge 7! i remember that line!!! do u know the verse that another runner gave it to him before the race? about He who honors God, God will honor him... somewhere in Issaiah i think
Post a Comment