12.4.06

Rd trip Richmond

So, in light of spring break spirit.. I drove down to Richmond on Tue..  the weather was so nice that you just kinda have to go somewhere.. Since, it is the capital of VA that I've never been... thought I enriched myself a bit..
I stooped at the visitor center and got a map of the town.. besides driving around and scanning through the historical monuments.. here are some high lights:
 St. John's church - hosted the Second Virginia Convention in 1775. - "Give me Liberty or give me Death."
Virginia House - with a huge garden in the back.. almost like a world of its own, check the website for 16 century history
next to it is the Agecroft Hall - From Elizabethan England, to the banks of the James. Bought by Thomas Williams Jr. and shipped across Atlantic ocean to have it reassembled at Richmond. Then cruising on riverside along the James river -having the 4th grade social study come alive- I stooped by the river park to enjoy a nice evening before I depart the historical city.
Next time, I get a chance, I hope I can stay down at Williamsburg for couple days of colonial life.

No comments: