16.6.08

Not sure what's gotten into me that I'd not only be interested in politics but blogging about it! Maybe it's 10 years in DC and the 2 years in account firm.. I've learned to appreciate the art of politics.. or, maybe I can no longer be ignorant of what's going on in the world and the games people play to run it. Or maybe just being a libra, I'm naturally diplomatic! ;-)

observing the election:
  • the process is deceiving
  • the truth is in between words or behind the lines
  • characters out weight policies but strong candidates usually lack the prior..
  • what they say is what they want you to hear but, the way they say it reveals what it means
  • like it or not, it is going to be an issue of black & white
  • evangelicals are going to vote, some with great conviction and others with great tradition


here's my quests:
the Bible says:
for the sake of the elect those days will be shorten (matt 24:22)
while people are saying, "peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly (1Thess 5:3)

While the creation groans and await the coming of the Lord (Rom 8:22), why are the conservatives big on national security? 
Isn't that the nature course for this earth to come to an end when Christ returns? Why are we prolonging the process by strengthen the 'earthly' security? If I'm so eager to be up there with the King, why am I persevering what's here on earth? Why are we voting for the sake of 'me' instead of for the sake of Him? 

[to clarify, after my co-worker fires at me with discussions.. by national security, I do not mean that it's not necessary because it is. But, whether it's that promoting world peace or promoting only US peace.]

No comments: