28.10.08

I was listening to Jesus commands us to go by Keith Green and he said..
"going to church doesn't make you a christian any more than going to McDonald's makes you a hamburger. saying a prayer doesn't make you a christian; people in every religion pray. even praying to Jesus doesn't make you a christian, he says, many shall come in that day and say Lord, Lord. He says, apart from me, I never knew you. having the gifts of the spirit or looking like you got them doesn't mean you're a christian. Jesus says many shall come in that day and say Lord, did we not cast out demons and heal the sick and raise the dead and all kinds of stuff.. and He'll say the same thing, apart from me, I never knew you..."

love the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul and with all you mind and all your strength.
love your neighbors as yourself...
 
allow me to add 1 more, being baptised doesn't make you a christian any more than taking a shower does.

No comments: