I really don't like xmas shopping this year - maybe it's the recession... Quite honestly, there is nothing we lack! At least amongst those I know, no one is starving or have no food/cloth. But there sure are a lot of things we 'want'. As I surf the net, I found so many stuff that's nice to have but, do we really need them???
So, I think I'm giving gifts of donations in honor of family & friends. I'm sure it's going to be challenging for the receivers... but heck, it's Christmas. And some are actually interesting such as buying a goat for those in need!
I also don't like people (except for some friends who's known me for years) buying stuff for me just because I can be so 'particular' in some ways... for example, some people like to have many set of cheap sheets but, I only need one that's super comfy. :P I think my mom's one of the few who really knows that about me so, she learned not to buy things for me without asking me first. (see just how spoiled we're already in this wealthy country where we still have choices!)
Well, Merry Christmas & for those who are still doing last minute shopping.. check out a few cool sites and give the gift of Christmas:
IJM.org
pfm.org
donate.worldvision.org
No comments:
Post a Comment