Survived another missions trip to KY with LeaderTreks.
As much as I tried not to compare the stellar experience I had with KY missions team 2 years ago, it's impossible for me not to line up the 2 trips side by side. Going along, I've had somewhat not so pumped attitude about it.
Then life happened. My focus had been largely on my career and the possibility of making a significant move and living the American dream. But God said No. I had a major meltdown the day before I left for KY and I honestly did not want to do the Lord's work. With no option before me, I packed up my bag and went with the flow.
Flowing is probably a good description for my trip. I didn't think too much about anything; didn't try very hard but one thing I did, whenever there was a strong nudge to do or say something, I did. I did what my heart desired. The whole time there, I was watching and observing a wonderful mission trip that I could've immersed myself in but, instead, I left others in the spotlight. Staying in the background, I quietly allow God to restore Our relationship. I wish I had something life changing or enlighten wisdom or visions to share like all the other missions trips but I don't. It's just good time spend with fellow believers while they poured into our students and encouraged me.
I guess it's okay for us not to perform – I thought I tried to be a go getter and that didn't work out so well anyways. The main theme for me is service, something I've learned to enjoy along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment