31.5.05

here is the thing

basically my long weekend was so exciting that I totally slept through it! I dragged myself to the church just to check on KQ stuff since I was not sure if my voice could be understood if at all, over the phone although I did quickly talked to a couple KQ folks. Then, I dragged myself home w/o staying for the service since I had not much energy at all. My voice didn't come back on Sun so, my mom started to flip. She called a nurse friend and got me this strong meds that totally knocked me out. Came mon afternoon, I was still in bed so that I had to cancel on that BBQ party at my buddy's. Ok, dun wanna count how much I've missed out this weekend!

The point is not being able to talk for the past couple days helped me see clearly that everything is given by God and can be taken away just like that. Before that, it has never cross my mind I'd loose my voice. You know .. thought about accidents that caused you a leg or something but, never thought about loosing voice. I'm sure there are other things I've taken for granted, too and not yet realize.
I guess something to be thankful for but, am still praying for recovery though. you might think my horrible voice was sexy but, I'd rather have it be sweet!

Side point, having a Chinese family means that you get to drink some weird stuff when you get sick. chicken soup is not chicken soup anymore but that with some Chinese meds. Anyways, as long as my mom feels better for the situation. It's not like Nyquil tasted any better!

Another thought, which I'll share tomorrow, coz I gotta hit the hay.

No comments: