Lord willing, I’ll be heading to Guatemala with 10 students from ISM and 2 wonderful leaders, Tom & Tim this summer! Here’s an invitation to you on the journey of faith.
It has always been my desire to see students grow while serving the Lord through summer missions. It was no different planning for this summer, until now. Having gone through and continuing to go through trials of life including losing my grandfather at the end of last year, I can’t re-kindle that fire to serve the Lord overseas. While I was still praying about this trip, I went on our first team retreat last weekend with an attitude of doubt and unwillingness of the heart. On the retreat, students had to come up with a team verse on their own. When I heard 2 Cor. 1 being read out as the team verse, I knew then God was speaking to me.
This trip is more than Doing the Lord’s work. We’re Sharing His stories of faithfulness throughout the generations, including in yours and mine. It’s not about what I can or cannot do nor what I want to do this summer; it’s about how God can use the team and a wretch like me to bring Him glory.
As the apostle Paul said in 2 Cor. 12:10, “For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
No comments:
Post a Comment